Our Terms and Conditions are abiding by The International Fair Claims Guide for Consumer Textile Products. The Guide was developed by consensus, similar to the process used by formal standards-making bodies. Participating were: Drycleaning Institute of Australia Ltd, Federal Bureau of Consumer Affairs, International Fabricare Institute, Neighborhood Cleaners Association, Guild of Cleaners & Launderers, School of Textiles, Private and Government Consumer organizations.
The Guide’s criteria for textile performance questions have achieved international acceptance since 1961.
- “Agreement” refers to these Terms of Service.
- “Service” refers to the services that we provide, through our website, email, calls, text messages in the form of walk-in or pick up delivery services.
- “User” refers to anyone who uses our Service, including general visitors to our Site.
- “You” refers to you, the person who is entering into this Agreement with Reward Laundry.
- The word “damage” is descriptive of any condition which renders an article permanently unusable.
- In claims involving lost textile articles, it is assumed that evidence exists or can be produced showing with reasonable certainty that the article has been submitted for servicing and that while in the temporary custody of the servicing agency (dry cleaner, launderer or retailer) it disappeared or was lost and is beyond hope of recovery. In the absence of such evidence, a clear determination of responsibility or liability for a claim adjustment cannot be made.
- The buyer-seller relationship in a claims situation is defined as the relationship between a servicing agency and its customer.
- Every textile product has a ‘life expectancy’ according to its intended purpose, material content, and rate of change in fashion or style. Reward Laundry is following the guidance of The International Fair Claims Guide for Consumer Textile Products to determine the life expectancy of a textile product.
- “Implied Serviceability” – ‘In the sale of merchandise, there is an implied warranty that such goods will afford reasonable service in use and, unless otherwise specified, may be cleansed and refreshed by customary methods. Failure of an article to wear or clean satisfactorily when soiled is justifiable cause for complaint.’ When labeled instructions are carried out in accordance with appropriate definitions in the Guide and a failure results, the responsibility for failure rests with the product.
- The term “colorfastness” refers to the durability of color in the dyed fabric. The durability means that the colour does not become objectionably altered in appearance during the normal period of life expectancy of the product and does not cause permanent stains.
Many variables affect whether fabrics retain their dye, fade or bleed easily, including the following:
- The type of dye used, including whether it is natural or synthetic
- The type of fibre the dye is applied to
- When and how the dye was applied to the fabric or thread
- “Shrinkage”- Reduction to a smaller size or fit, due to manufacturing influences on the fibre, yarn and fabric, and to the inherent characteristics of the fibre itself. Most fabrics, unless specially treated or processed, tend to undergo dimensional losses. The manufacturer is responsible for relaxation shrinkage, as such shrinkage can be minimized by manufacturing controls or special finishes, according to the degree of relaxation inducement to be faced by the product in its end-use. Relaxation is beyond the control of the consumer, dry cleaner or laundered.
“Puckering” or “bubbling” results when relaxation shrinkage occurs unevenly in a fabric, causing some yarns or groups of yarns to undergo greater dimensional loss than others. The condition often does not respond to restorative measures, and it is then considered a fault of the fabric.
Temporary changes in fabric dimensions can result from changes in atmospheric relative humidity but only in fabrics made of moisture-absorbent (hygroscope) fibres. This is seen sometimes in drapery fabrics made of viscose, cotton or wool, depending on the type of construction. The condition is characterized by up-and-down changes from day to day, depending on whether the atmosphere is humid or dry.
The following Terms and Conditions are applicable to all our services:
- All articles must be claimed within 30 days from the date of receipt. We reserve the rights to donate the articles to charity after 30 days.
- The company will do the best to prevent any damages during the laundry and dry-cleaning process; however, regardless of brand or quality, clothes will wear out over time. For damage related to normal wear and tear, Reward Laundry does not provide reimbursement or compensation. The company cannot be responsible for defects or damage to all article(s) caused by inherent weakness or defects in materials that are not visibly apparent prior to processing or due to poor choice of material quality by the manufacturer. The inherent weakness includes the following:
- colour fading/discolorisation
- change in texture (softness/stiffness) of the textile
- small holes/tears
- button damage/lost
- thinning or weakening of the material fibre
- The company hold no liability for the removal of decorative detail or damage thereto in dry cleaning when the items as a whole is appropriately handled. these items includes:
- painted on effects
- shoulder pads,
- plastic and leather trims
- aminated and fused fabrics
- polyurethane or rubber foam
- anything left inside the pockets
- The company will remove stains to the best of abilities and experience. However, the company cannot guarantee 100% removal of stains. The success rate of stains removal is subject to factors such as stains age, material type, and stain type.
- Specific material such as lace, chiffon, organza, tulle or similar are subject to manufacture choice of fabric quality to withstand the washing process. The company cannot be responsible for defects or damage to the article(s) consist of such materials.
- The customer is responsible for checking anything valuable inside the pockets or attached to the clothing. The company cannot be liable for any lost item inside the pocket or laundry bag such as watches, jewelry, cuff links, money, wallets, etc
- All articles must be inspected and customer’s dissatisfaction, if any, shall be made known at the time of item return (Within 24 hours). Otherwise, an $30 transportation surcharge will be imposed for any request to pick up/return unsatisfied or missing items after twenty-four (24) hours from the delivery date/time.
- In the event of loss or damage to an article for which we may accept liability, if any, will be based on the depreciated value of the article, not exceeding 5 times the service charges, and capped at the maximum of $100 per article for total loss cases. For socks and handkerchief, regardless of brand, purchase price, and condition, it will be reimbursed at $5 per pair/item in the form of Reward Laundry credit.
- In the event of a customer complaint, the Customer undertakes to give Reward Laundry the right and opportunity for investigation and rectification. Reward Laundry may, at its discretion, offers the Customer either one of the following:
- A partial or full refund, subject to the refund policy mentioned above
- Re-supply of the Service without additional changes
- Any other remedy as deemed appropriate by Reward Laundry
- An article that is “worn out” by excessive, unrestricted use or other unusually severe condition of service, either within or beyond its normal life expectancy has no value and, therefore, no negotiable basis for adjustment regardless of the nature of the loss or damage.
- The following is the list of documents required to be fulfilled for refund/compensation claims:
- Original copy of the receipt issued by Reward Laundry;
- The physical article presented; and
- Proof of the value of the article such as original receipt of the article with a visible date of purchase and total amount paid for the article. Value quoted from other sources such as the official website is subject to Reward Laundry’s discretion.
- At Reward Laundry we strive our best to pick up and deliver to our customer addresses on time, traffic conditions and accidents may delay delivery. In case this happens, we will contact you as soon as possible.
- No-show/Late cancellation fees of $80 are applicable if notice is given 24 hours before job commencement.
- The minimum order amount is required for Free delivery services.
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry (Minimum Order $60)
- Curtain Cleaning (Minimum Order $100)
- Sentosa ($200)
- For express services, the minimum order for Free delivery is $100 ($200 Sentosa).
- We shall not take responsibility for failed or delayed delivery due to the following reasons:
- No answer from the contact person’s phone before we arrive.
- The wrong address was provided by the customer.
- Changes of the delivery address in less than 24 hours of delivery time.
- Haze PSI reading above 300.
- Images are for illustrative purpose only.
- All prices are subject to service charge and government taxes.
- Not valid with other discounts, promotions, vouchers and privileges.
- Discounts are not applicable for sales items, iron-only, load wash, dismantling & installation fees.
- Members are required to make known of their membership status/voucher/coupon upon payment to enjoy member’s promotions.
- The Terms and Conditions of Reward Laundry Member Programme apply.
- Reward Laundry Pte Ltd reserves the right to vary or amend any terms and conditions without prior notice.
- “Privilege Member” or “Privilege Members” means members of the Programme.
- “Programme” means the rewards programme operated by Reward laundry Pte Ltd.
- There is an upfront one-time $15 application fee.
- Members are required to make known of their membership status upon payment to enjoy member’s promotions.
- The Member is responsible for keeping the membership account up-to- date, including relevant
contact information such as contact number, mailing address and email address.
- Reward Laundry Pte Ltd reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend, delete, modify, or vary these Terms and Conditions, the benefits, and privileges, including the cancellation of the Programme, without prior notice and without compensation to Member.
- Privilege Membership Benefits
- 10% discount of our standard pricing. Not applicable for promotion items, Iron only, load wash, dismantling & installation fees for curtains cleaning.
- Member’s only discount.
- For delivery order, minimum of $50 after discount is required. In the event of order values fall below $50, $50 or whichever is higher is charged.
- Membership discount cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts, packages, vouchers, etc.
- The Alteration Studio will begin to perform the Services only upon receiving full payment from the Customer for the Service(s). Service(s) provided are based on the measurements provided at the time of the Customer’s first fitting. Any changes in Customer’s measurements after the first fitting which cause additional or different Service(s) to be performed will be subjected to additional charges.
All articles must be inspected and customer’s dissatisfaction, if any, shall be made known at time of collection (Within 5 working days), The Alteration Studio shall not be responsible for subsequent complaints.
All claims must be made within 5 working days of receipt of the delivery date. If the garments should be damaged/lost while in the Alteration Studio’s custody, such liability shall based on the depreciated value of the article, not exceeding 5 times the alteration charges of the affected garment, and capped at a maximum of $100 per item. In the event of a customer complaint, the Customer undertakes to give Reward Laundry the opportunity to rectify all works.
A tolerance of 2cm shall be applied to the pattern measurements that relate to the manual measurements.
Cut out fabrics will be recycled unless the customer specifically requests otherwise.
All garments must be cleaned before alteration, we reserve the right to reject the customer’s item.
Item not collected after 30 days will be donated to charity.
The Alteration Studio will not be responsible for any pre-existing condition that is not apparent upon visual inspection of the items.
Use of The Alteration Studio Services implies that all terms and conditions concerning orders, as outlined on the receipt and website have been accepted and agreed to.
Article(s) refering to car seat or stroller collected for cleaning service
- All articles must be claimed within 30days from the date of receipt. We reserve the rights to donate the articles to charity after 30 days.
- The company cannot be responsible for defects or damage to all article(s) caused by inherent weakness or defects in materials that are not visibly apparent prior to processing or due to poor choice of material quality by the manufacturer. Such weakness includes shrinkage, fraying, distorted, stretching, colour fading/discolorization and change of texture (softness/stiffness) of the textile or foam. Same applies to holes or ruptures resulting from weakened fibres caused by contact with corrosive chemicals, insect damage, mildew, acid spills, sunlight, perspiration and other consumer use conditions.
- The company hold no liability for the removal of decorative detail or damage parts thereto in cleaning, including buttons, beads, logos, painted on effects, buckles, belts, paddings, plastic and trims, when the item as a whole is appropriately handled. Same applies to partial or complete separation of the component layers in bonded, laminated and fused fabrics, and deterioration and discolouration of polyurethane or rubber foam.
- The company will remove stains to the best of abilities following manufacturer approved procedures. However, the company cannot guarantee 100% removal of stains. The success rate of stains removal is subject to factors like stains age, material type, and stain type.
- The company cannot be responsible for lost of buttons, ornament or anything left inside the car seats.
- All articles must be inspected and customer’s dissatisfaction, if any, shall be made known at the time of item return (Within 24 hours), Reward Laundry shall not be responsible for subsequent complaints. Otherwise, an $30 transportation surcharge will be imposed for any request to pick up/return unsatisfactory or missing items after twenty-four (24) hours of the delivery is made.
- In the event of loss or damage to an article for which we may accept liability, if any, will be based on the depreciated value of the article, not exceeding 5 times the service charges, and capped at the maximum of $100 per article for total loss cases.
- In the event of a customer complaint, the Customer undertakes to give Reward Laundry the opportunity to rectify all works. Reward Laundry may, at its discretion, offer the Customer either of the following;
- re-supply of the Service without changes
- any other remedy as deemed appropriate by Reward Laundry
- List of documents required to be fulfilled with refund/compensation claims
- Original copy of the cleaning receipt
- Physical article presented
- Proof of the value of the article